Sunday 8 June 2014

Horsey Questions Tag



I found this on another blog and thought I would have a go! There are a couple of tags here so yup... :3 Feel free to use it yourselves!1. How long have you been riding?The first time I ever sat on a horse was for my 6th birthday (I had a party at a pony club). But I didn't start taking lessons until I moved and I was like 7 turning 8 years old. So it's like almost 10 years.
2. Favorite color?Absolutely love dapple bays! They are just simply gorgeous, but I also love palomino-sabino colourings as well.3. Favorite breed?I can't exactly chose a specific breed because they are all just lovely. I would narrow it down to Clydesdales, Thoroughbreds, Warmbloods and Cleveland Bays.4. Why did you get into riding?When I was like 2 or 3 the movie Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmeron herd came out and I fell in love with horses because of that movie. But ever since I was born I had been watching, reading and playing with anything horsey so ya.5. Most difficult horse you’ve ridden and why.Jazz (my baby boy)... Because he was trained to race he had that in his mind and retraining him was difficult. Just getting him to walk over a stick on the ground would be like WW3 haha, but he has improved so much and I could never ever thank him for all he has taught me.6. Your dream horse.Jazz. I couldn't ask for a better 1st horse or dream horse in my life. He may not be worth $1 million to anyone else, but he is to me because without him I don't think I would have continued with horses and without him I would know way less then what I do now.7. First horse you’ve ever ridden?A little bay pony called Cocoa I believe. That was for my 6th birthday party.
10.  Worst fall?I've had heaps of falls but I will say this one because it is the only fall where I have actually broken something. I was riding a pony at my old riding park/centre and we were doing 'bounce pony' and the horse/pony (Prince) got into a canter and I just some-how flipped off him, landed on my right side and managed to break my left wrist... yup. Physics.11. Equestrian pet peeves?I hate people who put horses through pain because they think what they are doing is good for the horse and is the best way to do it. I hate people who say horse riding isn't a sport or that it is easy or we just sit there. I hate people who think they are number one at horse riding and don't need any help or direction with their riding, because chances are they do... everyone needs a bit of help with riding or horses in general.

12. Scariest horse related experience?I don't really have one. I have never been in a situation where I have been scared of the horse, not even when Jazz freaked out over a bird and charged towards me (I just stood their laughing at him because he is a big silly bum).
Have I ever…1. Ridden the opposite discipline?Well I have ridden in stock saddles and learnt a bit of that and I have done barrels (in stock saddle) but I have never ridden in western or learnt however it is something I would love to try.2. Fallen?Multiple times. The best was when I flipped over backwards and somehow ended up sitting on the jump. That's talent.3. Vaulted?No but is something I would love to try.4. Showed?Nope. I really want to but I know a lot of people just do it for the money or the pretty ribbons and I hope that when I do eventually go and show I don't meet anyone like that... and that I don't turn into someone like that.5. Got kicked?Yes. When Jazz had Seedy Toe I tried to put the boot on his foot and he kicked me in the knee. :/6. Bucked?Jazz used to buck heaps (like after or before jumps or during transitions into Canter) but I have never been hit by him from it or have never been bucked off.7. Barrel raced?Nope.8. Done dressage?Jazz and I are currently working on our Dressage Skillz :3
9. Ridden bareback?Yes and was so proud when I cantered bareback for the first time. LEVEL UP! haha10. Ridden a horse taller than 17hh?I may have? Big Jess was the first horse I rode at my riding centre/park thingy and I was pretty tall (possibly 17hh)... But I also have ridden at Susan River Home Stead (like a bajillion times) and at other places and I may have ridden a 17hh there but idk.11. Ridden a horse shorter than 13hh?Yes... They have such short strides xD12. Cried because of a horse?I cried when I find out Jazz had Seedy Toe because my dad said we had to put him down... But then he said he was joking and he would be fine. I literally died inside...

This or That1. Tall or short?
Tall. The bigger the better!2. Horse or pony?I don't mind ponies but I prefer horses because I am very comfortable with larger strides whereas shorter strides I am all over the place and look like a sack of potatoes.3. Warmblood or draft?Both! I love warmbloods and I love drafts!
4. QH or TB?Thoroughbred all the way! nothing against quarter horses though...5. Western or English?I ride english so english... would love to have a go at western.6. Trail riding or ring work?Trail riding is really great and I believe does good work with the horse too because it gets them out there and comfortable with different situation... plus you can go with friends and site seeing and yah.7. Bareback or with a saddle?I love bareback but I don't do it extremely often, and the saddle is better for horses back because of the pressure distribution... plus it is more comfortable... Jazz has the spiniest back Ouch!
8. Difficult to ride or push button?
Either :3

No comments:

Post a Comment