Sunday 18 May 2014

The First Post!

Woah! What is this? Where am I? Oh right, it's the internet. Hi, my name is Jaimi and I am starting this blog to share my thoughts, tips, tricks and opinions on anything related to horses!

Why am I starting this? Because I feel like it, haha!

First of all, the big question. Yes, I have a horse! He is a beautiful 16.2hh thoroughbred gelding turning 10 this August! My baby Jazz <3 He's a bit cheeky but I love him to bits and he has taught me so much during the long 6 years of owning him.



What about me you say? Welp, I am 16 this May (26th) and am 100% in love with animals. Horses are at the top and I would do anything for them. I began taking riding lessons at age 7 until I was 12 and a half, because riding lessons became far too expensive, the fuel to go drive out and see him at the equestrian park was heaps, plus I had to pay for boarding Jazz and pay for feed and millions of other things. I know, there are no excuses... I'm a terrible person for my millions of excuses for quitting lessons, but honestly I think it was for the better. Now he is closer to me (he is being adgisted) and I have more money to spend on the baby... lot of carrots for Jazz-a-roony. He was a straight off the track race horse which I was lucky to get for free because my Opa owned him ^-^ However there came the 100's of vet bills and long hours of re-training and the feed and the amount of times he jumped out and broke fences... Oh the pain! But I loved him no matter what. Even when I have to stand there for hours a day just trying to brush the massive knot out of his gorgeously long and beautiful tail :(
Anyways, I believe that Jazz taught me more about horses then any trainer ever had. Of cause I could use some lessons, and I have been to the riding club down the road a few times, however, it won't stop me from trying something my way and learning from my mistakes... without costing some broken limbs on me or Jazz of course. Funny, first time I broke my arm was falling off a bike not a horse... Skills!

Continuing on, I watch a lot of online tutorials, hear from other trainers, read millions of magazines and books and of course I have a lot of horse-lover friends of mine, in which I hear their opinions 24/7. I'm not saying I am a genius or a master or that anyone should forget what they have been taught and listen to me. Just, hear my opinion and maybe tell me yours because guess what, I don't know everything about horses or horse things or people for that matter, but I do love to learn more about these incredible animals and maybe more about training and riding and natural horsemanship which I have been trying to get into lately.

So this is where it begins. This is how it starts. Lets get going shall we!?

No comments:

Post a Comment